Sunday 25 October 2009

back not so much with a bang, more like an explosion....

Well my first full week has ended and the second week which includes a Farmers is just about to start.

I got back into the swing of things quite easy, Thurs-Sat seemed OK, busy but not bad. Then Monday just gone the you know what hit the fan. Judy was away for a few days. I always seem to be busier when she is off. I don't mind she totally deserves all the breaks she can get. Well Mondays are always busier as I'm starting from scratch. My start time is usually around 5-5.30am. You can imagine what I said when I awoke Monday morning at 7.30!! Well a mad dash and panic followed and I finally made it into work 2 minutes before Nettie, nearly 3 hours later....It's horrible when that happens, even though you know it's impossible you still try and make up the hours you have missed at the start of the day. I felt like I'd done 4 shifts when I clocked off about 2.30.

So Tuesday I was determined that I was going ton be early...after all I couldn't possibly late again....could I?? The alarms went off and I was still late! OK not as dramatic, but it was after 6 when I left the house. There was an accident at the M6 junction, so I was stuck in traffic for 25 mins. The rest of the week I did make it into work at reasonable times.

I really enjoyed my holiday, and hopefully (as I'm soooo bad at blogging) I'll be posting some pics and stories from sunny Florida and windy Chicago.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a nightmare. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Have you been catching up with X Factor? That recipe looks really nice, might have to give that a go as I have about 6 pumpkins in the kitchen :)Look forward to seeing your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah can't believe The Twins are STILL there LOL. Gonna blog about this years series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought Cheryl was a bit of a coward tonight

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a bit of a risky one, as both were so good,but Danyl had to stay.

    ReplyDelete