Friday 16 January 2009

Ooops...

I made a huge batch of soup today but I needed some key ingredients. Off I went to a certain supermarket that shall remain nameless.

I collected 3 onions and bagged them up and searched my my next item. After wandering around the aisles like a lost soul for an age I decided to leave it as I knew I could get it cheaper else where. Off I set, heading towards supermarket number 2. Halfway down the road I realised that I was still holding the bag of onions in my hand and I had walked out with out paying for them. Panic set in, and I at once looked around to see if I was being followed by an angry security man. To my relief I wasn't. "What do I do, what do I do?" I wondered....Well of course I went straight back in and paid for them feeling really nervous that I was going to get my collar felt. I even blabbed to the customer service desk what I'd just done. The lady thanked me for coming back and said not many people would. I seriously felt awful. It was total accident and even now I can't believe I did it!

I could not have gone back. Jamie Oliver and I shop there a lot and the next time I went in I would be looking over my shoulder.

Too make matters worse the bloody onions were incredibly strong and made me cry buckets..LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Richard madeley did that you know - but with a whole trolley full? I remember it was on the news at the time, but he wrote about it in his autobiog too. can`t believe he had to go to court!
    Was your soup nice though?
    What sort did you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup was lovely and it was your roasted pepper and tomato one.

    I remember that happening and at the time thought "how can you do that with a full trolly?"

    ReplyDelete