Monday 9 February 2009

Sticking it to the man...

Ever heard the expression "Sticking it to the man"? The "man" in question is usually big corporate company's or maybe the "establishment", councils goverment etc. You how day to day rules get us down and we have constant red tape to get through the most mundane but essential jobs? By sticking it to the man we try and fight back a bit and try to live life a bit by our rules....all totally legal of course but on our terms for a short while.

Well I'm totally sick of "the man" sticking it to me!

During the past 3 weeks I've been charged for broadband that I don't have from a company that has had a pending cancellation on there system for 2 years!

After returning a faulty item that I bought I've had to ring up and request that they not only refund the item price but the postage as well, talking £7.00 worth of postage here!

Been cut off by BT because they got my address mixed up with someone else. I wasn't even with BT but that didn't seem to stop them cancelling my line because they thought I wanted to go back to them. So not only was my phone line cut off, I was then without a land line for a week. All of this was nothing to do with me. To make matters more frustrating I then had to rejoin BT so I have an active BT land line so I than can leave BT!!! But was required to pay them a £50 deposit and because I'm a "new customer" take out a 12 month contract! After being on hold (on my mobile...then being cut off and finally travelling over to use my Mum's land line) they finally gave in about the deposit and contract. I'm still getting letters from them addressed to the person they mixed me up with. I've seriously lost count how many times I had to explain this to them.

Arrrrgghhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment