Sunday 22 February 2009

That was the weekend that was...

My Mum met a great couple in Cyprus a few years ago. Robin and Karen. I met them last year when we went out to celebrate my Mums 60th birthday. They came up this week with Jean who occasionally goes on holiday with them. It's great when you just click with somebody. It's as if we'd all have known each other for ages.

I managed to get Friday off so we all went out on Thursday night (there was nine of us!!) Had an amazing meal at Peaches. One of the best Chinese meals we'd all had in a while. I felt really spoilt as I was the only vegetarian there, but was looked after so much! It was great to have Friday off, which was a good thing as the drink flowed and we didn't get to bed until after 2am. Well the next day we planned to take them to Trentham Gardens, but instead opted to take then to the glamor that was Home and Bargains! Well they are from London so bargain shops like this are hard to find. Main thing is they loved it and spent nearly two hours picking up some good deals. Mum cooked one of her fantastic lasagne's for tea, but it was an early night for me as I was back at work at 5am. We are off down to see them in June.

Saturday I was sooo tired, but I'd already volunteered to cook for two friends. I decided to make Iones famous Lentil and Tomato soup and a goats cheese, caramelised onion with roasted pepper pastry. Both were very nice and we all had clean plates.

A busy but nice few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey btw it`s a pain to leve comments on your blog and the whole thing was down yesterday. I was trying to say that I was glad you had had a good day altho it`s a pain you had to get up so early the next morning. Glad you like the soup altho no credit to me - my Mum`s genius. The pastry thing sounds nice but you know I think goats cheese tastes of goat!

    ReplyDelete