Thursday 16 April 2009

17 Again...Mmmm right.

I must confess when I was 17 I didn't look like Zac Efron, I was on a YTS scheme working in a Bakery in a supermarket...oh well!

That didn't ruin the enjoyment last night of 17 Again. I know the formula has been done a thousand times l but it was actually a pretty good film, Much better than we thought it was going to be. Mathew Perry wasn't given enough to show his comedic talents, but it was really a Zac Efron film. I must confess I've never actually seen him in anything, only split second glimpses in the HSM films and I know I should give them a chance, but they look a little too Disney for me and I can only stand so much cheese....maybe one day!

He carried the movie really well and showed that he is quite a good actor. The relationship between himself and his kids who end up going to the same school,l, how he bonds with them...something he couldn't do when he was the 37 year old dad. Worked really well and added a slight twist to the same premise we've seen in countless other films. The geeky 37 year old who never grew up (Zak/Mathews best friend) was funny and the geek in me related on some levels which I shouldn't say!

It's a like able film with some genuine funny moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment