Wednesday 1 April 2009

Angry and embarrssed....

Remember that post a while ago about accidentally walking out of that supermarket with a bag of onions? Well it bit me in the backside today!

The jobs I had to do this afternoon were simple, they were...Call the bank to deposit a cheque, call and get some Sloe Gin for my Brother who's birthday it is tomorrow.

Well after work I fell asleep. So running late I set off to the bank, the time was 16.45 so I didn't have a lot of time. I have to pass Sainsburys on the way, so I thought I'd quickly call in and price up the Gin. hat way I'll call past Morrison's on the way back to compare. Heading straight to the wines and spirits section I riced up the bottles I was interested in. Noticing the security guard watching me. It's not my imagination, but I always get the feeling he's watching me when I go in. It's shop I use regularly as well!

So anyway after I got the price I needed, I headed straight for the exit desperate to make the bank before 17.00. He followed me, but I paid no mind and headed out the door. Next minute he chased after me and shouted "can you stop" Or something like that. Of course I did. He looked taken aback actually, maybe because the alarms didn't go off when I left the supermarket.

"Have you got anything in your pockets?" He asked. "No" came my reply, "why would you think that"?. Well you were rushing past WS and seemed to be trying to get out quickly". I explained that I was pricing an item up and I needed to get to the bank before it closed. While doing this I just automatically emptied my pockets. He never took anything off me just repeated that I was acting strangely around the WS (which means wines and spirts) department. During this time I said I come in here a lot and you are always watching me, and then noticed that a few of the members of staff were watching and waiting by the main doors. "Look I said a bit more angrily "every one's watching". He just shrugged and thanked me for stopping. "Why wouldn't have I stopped I said "I've not taken anything".

Although I know they have to be constantly on the look out I left feeling very angry and embarrassed. It's a place I go in lot. It's not as if I have a coat with pockets that could fit in few frozen turkeys, and I don't think I look dodgy???

Anyway the present was cheaper there, so I went back defiantly and was going to make an issue to him, but he seemed to be busy. So I left it.

2 comments:

  1. That`s rotten Steve. It`s not fair to treat people that way :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know these places have to be careful but chasing me around a store means someone else is getting away with it. Of course they don't know that I'm not a shoplifter.

    ReplyDelete