Friday 10 April 2009

D.I don't!!!

Easter break always sees the DIY stores heaving. I don't do D.I.Y. Not because I'm lazy and can't be bothered it's because these "simple" jobs are usually anything but simple.

Unfortunately I'm going have to try some. My door connecting the living room to the kitchen has suffered from a broken handle....it turns but doesn't engage the latch. A simple job I hear you cry? Went to Wilko's to get the barrel for the door. Of course they didn't sell anything like that just the actual door handles/knobs. So after work today I called into B&Q, managed Io get the parts I wanted. "Easy" I thought. So I took the old barrel out and replaced with the new. Thing is the metal cylinder will go through, but not quite straight. So I know have to chisel away at the hole where the handle goes to give this shaft more room. I have no tools for this job, simple left the building a while ago!

My bath is leaking, the sealant seems to be going. I'll be getting someone in to help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment