Thursday 9 April 2009

Not quite the monster I'd hoped...


Finally went to see Monsters Vs Aliens last night in glorious 3D! Don't get me wrong, it was a great film, but something was missing. More should have been made of the actual monsters I think. Not as funny as I'd hoped, but very funny in parts just the same. The star of the film has to be B.O.B (pictured). A jelly like creature who has no brain (they are overrated he tells us) but with a heart of gold that will eat anything that gets in his way. He even falls in love with a lime jelly, which is one of the finniest parts of the film. A film the kids will love, and I think the adults will enjoy. Not as good as Monsters Inc on the adult level though and no where nears as funny as the brilliant Madagascar 2.


What happens when the earth gets invaded by Aliens? Call some buff action hero? No call the Monsters!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, ok that has put me off going now as that is the second `not that great` review. Maybe one to watch on DVD rather than the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad, but failed to live up to the hype. I was really looking forward, maybe a bit too much and that was the problem.

    ReplyDelete