Tuesday 3 March 2009

"Did you hear the story of the Johnstone twins"?


Had as great evening last night with Anne from work. For Christmas I bought her tickets for Blood Brothers. A show I've seen few times and one that Anne has wanted to see for nearly 20 years! It was fantastic! Kinda reminds me of "The Book Thief" as the ending is given away in the opening scene. Something that still puzzles me, anyway when the ending comes it's still a shock. Many people were walking out of the theatre with tears running down their faces (my Mum has seen this three times and has cried every time!), even Maureen Nolan who played the brilliant Mrs Johnstone was crying during the final bows. The musical is both funny and heartbreaking. With some brilliant singing and acting.


Before the show we went to my favorite Italian, Portofino and had a fantastic meal.

Anne really enjoyed the show and said it was worth the 20 year wait!

"A Liverpudlian West Side Story, Blood Brothers is the story of twin brothers separated at birth because their mother cannot afford to keep them both. One of them is given away to wealthy Mrs Lyons and they grow up as friends in ignorance of their fraternity."

1 comment: