Friday 6 March 2009

Films I've seen...

It seems I've not been to the cinema in ages, but over the past few weeks I've caught up a little.

Friday the 13th

Remake of one of the original slasher films. Gruesome, nasty and with some great jumps. The original freaked me out at the time (I was about 8!) This pretty much does what it says on the tin....although they did change the main plot twist (yes there was one) but gave us another anyway.

I really like agood horror film with soem great scares, this has it all if you are into these sort of films.

The International

Won tickets for this on signal. Not bad, way too long. With conspiracy upon conspiracy the film flagged in the last hour. Plus Clive Owen overacts way too much.

Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood not only stars, but produces and directs this tale of Racism, faith, friendship and sacrifice. Not as violent as I thought it was going to be (only one or two unpleasant scenes) this was fantastic! Thought provoking and well acted. The best film I've seen in a while.

Thoroughly recommend this one.

"Walt Kowalski is a widower, grumpy, tough–minded, borderline–hateful, unhappy old man who can‘t get along with either his kids or his neighbours, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1973 Gran Torino he keeps in top condition. When his neighbour Tao, a young teenager, tries to steal his Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Tao‘s family, Kowalski is soon taking steps to protect them from the gangs that ruin their neighbourhood."

2 comments:

  1. I fancy the Clint Eastwood one, but will probably wait til it comes out on DVD. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would like that one. It's really good. Of course the first film I didn't think you would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete